HomeaaaaaMy BooksaaaaaEventsaaaaaAbout MeaaaaaContact

Sunday, April 7, 2019

"CANCER"


Cancer that six letter word that use to mean a DEATH sentence to those that had it. Today it can mean the same thing, but if caught early enough it can mean a new beginning.

            Don’t get me wrong, CANCER is still a heart stopping word to those being told they have it. It’s what you do once you have been diagnosed.

            Men are strong on the outside and a bowl of jello on the inside. They put on a tough exterior, and cry on the outside. Complaining the sun is in their eyes if you should catch them leaking from the eyes.

            Women on the other side of the coin, are in some ways stronger than men.

They have strong backs to carry the load and broad shoulders to carry it on. The difference is they let their emotions show and if that’s by crying than they cry. We pull up our boot-straps and put a smile on our face, and go from there.

            Yes, I’m one of those that was diagnosed with BREAST CANCER. Six weeks ago they did a biopsy and it was cancer. Early stage class two. Thank goodness we caught it in the early stages.

            Back in the eighties there was little chance of catching something like this until it was in the later stages. So, with modern technologies early detection is a wonderful thing.

            Ten days after positive results from the biopsy, I underwent a partial mastectomy with the remove also of two lymph nodes. Having a wonderful husband, who stood by my side and gave me support. He took the news worst than I did. And great friends and family who will stand up with you and help the fight.

            It’s been ten days now, and feeling stronger than ever. Will I survive CANCER? Yes, I will with a positive mind and a strong body there is no-way I will let this thing get me down or give up.

            The key is to be strong, fight, and hold your head up high. Yes, I will survive and nothing is going to stop me. So, if you have been diagnosed with any type of cancer, don’t give up, there is always someone out there who will fight along your side.

                                                MAY GOD BLESS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly inspirational Laura and you are a very strong woman and I hope god continues to showers his blessings on you and your love ones, you kick cancer ass and tell him to piss off

Laura said...

Thank you for your comments. All COMMENTS are welcome.