Saturday, May 13, 2017

"Mothers Day"

       What does Mothers Day mean to you, what great memories do you have of your mother on this special day, have you told your Mother you love her today? How often do you pick up the phone to call her to tell her you care?
       Happy Mothers Day to all of the Mothers out there. I hope you have fond memories to share with your children and hope you have many more years to make more memories with your children.
       I've often wondered what my mother would have been like when I was growing up for you see I really never knew her. She passed away when I was six months old and I have no memories of her only what others told me about her. My father became my mother and father who with his loving hand raised me until I was eight years old. I was very fortunate to be able to live with other people as a live in to help with housework, do dishes and scrub floors for my keep. Then in the summertime I would spend with my father. My father wasn't to happy with my arrangements with others but this gave me a chance to travel, meet different types of people and learn from others.
       By the time I was fifteen I had my own apartment and finished high school by the time I was sixteen. This moved me to New York into nursing school which I proudly graduated at the age of nineteen. My travels from New York lead me to Southern Illinois University for one year of art. Back to Florida after that for the summer with my father and then back to New York to go through Police training.
         Not sure what I wanted to do with my life, I ended up in North Carolina Married! I had two beautiful daughters and with them I tried to instill in them the values of life. To be self sufficient and rely upon their skills to make their lives the best they could and for them to pass on those skills to their children.
          I have fond memories of my children as they grew into women and married with children of their own. There will be good memories that I'm sure they will remember on Mothers Days, and I hope they will treasure those memories for a lifetime like I have with the memories I have of my Father, my children, and the many people I've lived with as I grew up.
           Happy Mothers Day to all and May God Bless.
Post a Comment